Philosophy Surrounding Privacy:
As part of our commitment to treat your information with respect, we operate in accordance with the following ten principles (the “Principles”):
- Principle 1 – Accountability
- Principle 2 – Identifying Purposes
- Principle 3 – Consent
- Principle 4 – Limiting Collection
- Principle 5 – Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
- Principle 6 – Accuracy
- Principle 7 – Safeguarding Customer Information
- Principle 8 – Openness
- Principle 9 – Customer Access
- Principle 10 – Handling Customer Complaints and Suggestions
Principle 1 – Accountability
We will maintain and protect the your information under our control. We have designated an individual or individuals who is/are accountable for compliance with the Principles.
Principle 2 – Identifying Purposes
The purposes for which personal information is collected by us will be identified to you before or at the time the information is collected.
Principle 3 – Consent
Except where required or permitted by law your informed consent is required for our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information.
Principle 4 – Limiting Collection
The personal information collected by us shall be limited to those details necessary for the purposes identified to you.
Principle 5 – Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
We will only use or disclose your personal information in accordance with the purposes for which it was originally collected unless you have otherwise consented, or when it is required or permitted by law. We will retain your personal information only for so long as is required to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected or as required by law.
Principle 6 – Accuracy
We shall make every reasonable effort to ensure your personal information is maintained in an accurate, complete and up-to-date form.
Principle 7 – Safeguarding Customer Information
We shall utilize no less than industry standards security safeguards to protect your personal information.
Principle 8 – Openness
If you would like a copy of our privacy policies we would be more than happy to provide one to you and if you have any questions regarding same, we are more than happy to discuss the merits with you.
Principle 9 – Customer Access
Upon your request, we shall inform you of: (i) the type of personal information we have collected; (ii) how we have used your personal information in the past, and how we may in the future; and (iii) whether or not we have disclosed your personal information to any third parties (and, if so, to whom). Individuals may verify the accuracy and completeness of their personal information, and may request that it be amended, if appropriate.
Please note that before we are able to provide you with any information or correct any inaccuracies we may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details to help us to respond to your request.
Principle 10 – Handling Customer Complaints and Suggestions
Customers may direct any questions or enquiries with respect to the Principles or about our information handling practices by contacting us.
Why We Gather Personal Information:
At Core One Mechanical Group, we gather and use personal information:
- to deliver the services and goods (i.e. models and parts) you ordered directly from Core One Mechanical Group or from Authorized Dealers;
- to process payment, credits, returns and refunds for goods and services provided to you by Core One Mechanical Group or by an Authorized Dealer on Core One Mechanical Group’s behalf;
- to schedule installation and maintenance appointments;
- to respond to requests for service or information or any other requests made by you or on your behalf by any individual or by an Authorized Dealer;
- to register and process warranty information;
- to register and process recall information;
- to correspond where required in the execution of warranty and recall information;
- to correspond where required in the execution customer rewards;
- to correspond where required in the execution promotions/programs;
- to provide geographic information to GIS analyst relating to business or locations where products are to be installed or services to be provided on installations;
- for warranty tracking purposes;
- to provide you with information on special offers or promotions offered by Core One Mechanical Group;
- to effect, validate, confirm or facilitate registration or eligibility for federal or provincial grants, rebates or other similar programs.
We also use the personal information you have provided to us to communicate with you and safeguard your and our respective interests. We will send you important notices, and respond to any special needs or enquiries you may have. We may also send you information about other products and services in which we believe you may be interested.
Types of Information We Collect:
The type of personal information we may ask for depends on and is related to the reason (or purpose) such personal information was provided to us. For instance, in programs where Core One Mechanical Group is providing homeowner incentives we would require mailing information for the cheque mailing purposes. In addition to the foregoing, the following is a description of the type of personal information that we may ask for:
- business name;
- postal code;
- phone number;
- email address;
- the installation type (HP, serial #) relating to products;
- business accounting procedures (P.O.# required)
- approved personal with signing authority
- business safety practices
The choice to provide us with your personal information, either directly or through a third party, is always yours. However, your decision to withhold particular information may result in limiting our ability to provide you with the services or products you requested.
How We Collect Such Personal Information:
WHILE WE TRY TO ENSURE THAT EVERY THIRD PARTY WHO DISCLOSES PERSONAL INFORMATION TO US HAS YOUR CONSENT TO DO SO, IF YOU BELIEVE THAT A THIRD PARTY HAS INAPPROPRIATELY DISCLOSED YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO US, PLEASE CONTACT THAT THIRD PARTY. IF THEY DO NOT ADEQUATELY RESPOND TO YOUR INQUIRIES, PLEASE LET US KNOW IMMEDIATELY.
Core One Mechanical Group’s Website:
When you visit our web site, information is not collected that could identify you personally unless you choose to provide it voluntarily. You are welcome to browse the Web site at any time anonymously and privately without revealing any personal or financial information about yourself.
When Information May be Disclosed to Outside Parties:
- to assist or work with Authorized Dealers in fillings orders and providing goods and services;
- to manufacturers of products or goods for purposes of providing information necessary to register and support warranties;
- to investigate potentially fraudulent or questionable activities regarding your installation or the fraudulent use of our services/programs;
- to validate, confirm, facilitate, effect registration or eligibility for federal or provincial government grants or rebates or other similar programs;
- to third party service providers who may be providing a service to you on our behalf;
- in anticipation of and in the course of an actual or potential sale, reorganization, consolidation, merger or amalgamation of our business; and
- when required or permitted by law.
The type of information we are legally required to disclose may relate to criminal investigations or government tax reporting requirements. In some instances such as a legal proceeding or court order, we may also be required to disclose certain information to authorities. Only the information specifically requested is disclosed and we take precautions to satisfy ourselves that the authorities that are making the request have legitimate grounds to do so.
There are some situations where we are legally permitted to disclose personal information such as employing reasonable and legal methods to enforce our rights or to investigate suspicion of illegal activities.
Our Employees and your Personal Information:
In the course of daily operations, access to private, sensitive and confidential information is restricted to authorized employees who have a legitimate business purpose and reason for accessing it. For example, when you call us, our designated employees will access your information to verify who you are and to assist you in fulfilling your requests.
As a condition of their employment, all employees of Core One Mechanical Group are required to abide by the privacy standards we have established. Employees are informed about the importance of privacy and they are required to agree to a code of conduct that prohibits the disclosure of any customer information to unauthorized individuals or parties.
Unauthorized access to and/or disclosure of personal information by an employee of Core One Mechanical Group is strictly prohibited. All employees are expected to maintain the confidentiality of personal information at all times and failing to do so will result in appropriate disciplinary measures, which may include dismissal.
How We Safeguard Your Information:
We use industry standard technologies and maintain current security standards to ensure that your personal information is protected against unauthorized access, disclosure, inappropriate alteration or misuse.
Electronic customer files are kept in a highly secured environment with restricted access. Paper-based files are stored in locked filing cabinets. Access is also restricted.
We manage our server environment appropriately and our firewall infrastructure is strictly adhered to. Our security practices are reviewed on a regular basis and we routinely employ current technologies to ensure that the confidentiality and privacy of your information is not compromised.
Our web site uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and 128 bit encryption technologies to enhance security when you visit the secured areas of these sites. SSL is the industry standard tool for protecting and maintaining the security of message transmissions over the Internet. When you access your accounts or send information from secured sites, encryption will scramble your data into an unreadable format to inhibit unauthorized access by others.
When you call our customer service centre you will be required to verify your identity by providing some personally identifying information.
Accessing and Amending Your Information:
You have the right to access, verify and amend the information held in your personal files. You may access and verify any of your information by calling our company.
To help us keep your personal information up-to-date, we encourage you to amend inaccuracies and make corrections as often as necessary. Despite our efforts, errors sometimes do occur. Should you identify any incorrect or out-of-date information in your file(s), we will make the proper changes. Where appropriate, we will communicate these changes to other parties who may have unintentionally received incorrect information from us.
Questions, Concerns and Complaints:
If you have a question about the privacy policies stated on this site, please call us. If you have a concern or complaint about privacy, confidentiality or the personal information handling practices of Core One Mechanical Group, our employees or service suppliers, please contact us. Before Core One Mechanical Group is able to provide you with any information or correct any inaccuracies, however, we may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details to help us to respond to your request. We will endeavour to respond within an appropriate timeframe.
GOVERNING LAW AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION